All photos on this site are copyright Sue Clark or used with permission of Holland America. No other use permitted.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

At Sea

Another day at sea. Well… Jim and I are getting really lazy; this is the second day in a row that we have slept until 8:30. That’s really unheard of for us. We did just have a couple time changes so maybe that explains part of it. Another might be that these are the quietest cabins we have had; you don’t hear anything at all from the neighboring cabins and the doors are all set off the main hall so you don’t get any hallway noise either.


This morning book club was delayed until 10:30 to accommodate the “On Deck for the Cure”. I made book club, but have to confess I didn’t get moving in time for the walk. They will have another one later in the cruise and I’ll try to make that one. Our Trivia team is holding firm to last place this time. It’s funny we seem to be able to win on some of the port days where they give little prizes, but we can’t win on the sea days for the cumulative scoring.

I’m not sure I mentioned some of the little gifts HAL has given during the cruise… I know I mentioned the journal and key holders, but they just gave us some (quite nice) hats and scarves all embroidered with the 2010 South America Grand Voyage logo. There have been a couple others too, but I can’t think what they are right now.

The temperatures are getting noticeably cooler as we are going further south. Today is gray and cloudy with a temp of about 70, but with the wind and no sun to offset it, it feels quite cool out. When I went to “Orca (Killer Whale) racing” at 2:00, everyone was wearing sweaters or sweatshirts. Orca racing was a cute take-off of the traditional horse race.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, you are having a great time and explaining nicely all that you are doing....keep going!!!! And safe travels

    ReplyDelete